The PancreasGroup.org team is delighted to invite you to collaborate in a “snapshot” clinical study investigating the outcomes of pancreatic surgery worldwide. This “collaborative” model for snapshot clinical studies is a well-established approach for assessing current practice in a short period of time.
- 3 months of prospective enrolment and 3 months follow up within a 12-month frame.
- Study provides highly valuable data on outcomes after pancreatic surgery.
- Citable co-authorship for up to three collaborators per institution or senior surgeon.
- Access the raw data for future studies.
What is it about?
- International prospective study of morbidity and mortality following pancreatic surgery worldwide.
- A novel, pragmatic and collaborative approach to surgical outcomes research.
- Click here to access the study protocol.
- Provide a verified record of true morbidity and mortality in consecutive unselected patients.
- Help identify relevant, modifiable risk factors for outcome after pancreatic surgery.
- Become part of a growing global surgical research and audit network.
- Obtain PubMed citable co-authorship and access the raw data for future studies.
- Any three-month period of consecutive patient recruitment between January and December 2021.
- Up to 90-days of postoperative patient follow-up afterwards.
How can you get involved?
- Click here to register your participation.
- Form a team of up to 3 people per institution or senior surgeon to collect data. This team can include doctors or health care professionals of any grade.
- Obtain necessary local approvals. Note that our NHS Research Ethics Service has approved this project as an audit.
We would be delighted to welcome you to collaborate with us.
The PancreasGroup.org Team